Sunday, November 12, 2006

1st Blurbling

Oh em geez! An update! Betcha never thought you'd see one of these again. Once again, no, I haven't died... Wait, actually I have. I'm posting this from the next world, and, lemme tell ya, you wouldn't believe the kind of connection you get get here in Nirvana is nothing short of incredible. So... Hmm, what's that? I'm not in Nirvana? Nerdvana? Oh, I see, that explains it then.

Okay, in all seriousness, I am still alive and even breathing occasionally. I would like to say I've been busy, but that simply wouldn't be true. What I have mostly been is lazy. And in the few instances I've actually had the motivation to actually do something other than my eggplant impression, I've had too many things and people jockeying for my attention to want to put forth the effort to write here. In an effort to rectify this, I'm trying out yet another sort-of-kind-of new format. To whit: Blurbling. These are going to be quick and loosely connected, so hang on. And no, there is no double entendre in that last sentence, so you can stop looking.

The First Blurbling

My good friend Nigolos over at Undead-Karma recently introduced me to Pandora radio, and I may never forgive him for it. Basically, you input your favorite band or genre of music, and it, based on you ratings, slowly builds the perfect internet radio station tailored to your personal preferences. Well, that's the theory anyway; the actually result is usually far more interesting. I just wish the music in their database was a bit more varied language-wise, but I guess you can't have everything.

Went and saw The Prestige the other day. A solid movie. It's just smart enough to keep you interested, but not so much that there are any real surprises coming out of the twists. Oh yes, if you like plot twists, this is definitely the movie for you. If, on the other hand, you think 2,034 clever little reversals is just a bit too much for one movie, you may want to stay at home.

Oh, and I'm doing something I promised myself I'd never do again: I'm playing two MMO's simultaneously. Until I come to my senses, I am Whimsy on the Seraph server in FFXI and (for the time being) Garrov on the Stormreaver server in WoW. If you happen to play either of these games on those servers and see me around, feel free to drop me a line. If nothing else, it'd be good to know that more than two people read this blog.

Finally, my PS2 has been seeing some heavy use lately. Between Okami, a powerful little action-adventure which plays like a cross between the Legend of Zelda and the original Actraiser, and Guitar Hero, the game that brings out rock-superstar in all of us, my aging black-box hardly has time to cool down.

Okay, I should probably break there. Gotta save some stuff for the next blurbling, after all. I might get an actual review up some time in the near-ish future, but no promises. See y'all later! (By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Blogger's spellchecker catching the word "blog" as a mistake is horribly amusing?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*sigh* lost the first round comment due to unforseen login issues with blogspot. seems i just don't know when i'm an "at(dot)gmail" user or just a plain user id :P

anyway, welcome back - thought we'd lost ya there for a bit with everything else going on in the world.

i like the idea of a "Blurbling", catchy name, and makes me think you are futher into retail than i'm willing to admit at the moment :D

oh, and one last thanks, for The Prestige blurbling - it's the first one i've seen. i've been toying with the idea of going to see it in the theater but have been weighing the intrest rates on what i'd end up paying for a ticket.

til next blurb - -

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Random link script provided by
JavaScript Kit