Sunday, December 03, 2006

2nd Blurbling

The problem with thinking things in your life can't possibly get any worse is that the bounds of possibility are so damn wide. At any rate, no one comes here to hear me ***** about my personal problems, wonderfully ironic they may be, so let me sum it up this way: the reason there was a light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be because it was on fire.

Moving on, it's time for another Blurbling!


Blurbling 2: the Son of Blurbling


Saw Deja Vu in the theatre the other day. A very good movie, I thought. One of the best I've seen recently, though as a devoted Denzel Washington fan, I'm really not an unbiased commentator. I specifically appreciated the movie's subtle and intelligent, if constant, use of foreshadowing. This is opposed to how movies like, say, X-men 3 use it: as a weapon, wielded in malice against the audience. There was, as I watched Deja, a vague feeling that I'd seen this all before, but if you think about it, that's actually pretty clever.

Found a site a while back, Tektek.org, which has a pretty neat little avatar creator. Technically, it's meant for some weird little social MMO, Gaia Online, but the sheer amount of customization available here means that it works pretty well in a general sense, as long as you can stand the overall hyper-cutesy anime style. Quite useful, I think, to anyone whose online personae take on a separate reality of their own. A couple examples: Clara and (Living) Marr.

Got Yggdra Union recently. Those with remarkable memory capacity will recall I blurbed about this one in the past, but now I can actually understand what's going on when I play it, which is always nice. Well, usually anyway.... It plays like a slightly dumbed down Fire Emblem, with somewhat more interesting artwork. I really wish the battlefields weren't so cramped, and the formation system could use some serious work, but it's still an interesting diversion.

I've actually been buying some modern music recently. (Please no theorizing about what I'd been doing up until now; I always buy the music I listen to. Although, to be perfectly honest, cause and effect may be a little more tenuously linked there than is the case for most.) Generally speaking, if it's been recorded in this country in the last twenty or so years I've had fairly minimal interest in it, but in the last month I've picked up the most recent BNL and Indigo Girls albums, both solid releases from bands I regularly follow. And, thanks to Pandora and ultimately Nigolos, a few Dream Theater and Fishing for Comets CDs are on my list next time I head out.

That's it for now. These Blurbles are kinda fun, so I think I'll keep doing them for a while. I guess it just depends on how long I can keep coming up with cutesy titles for them. See y'all later, I'm off the drown my sorrows in Pepsi and video games.
(Healthy living is something that happens to other people.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lol - not sure if i've met those 'other people' yet

although the avatar creator looks interesting - maybe that's where some of those folks hide out.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this is camille with Fishing for Comets just by chance did a google search and saw "fishing for comets" pop up on this blog. So cool. i'd love to send you a free copy of our full length! just email us please-
fishingforcomets.com

take care,
camille

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha fishingforcomets@gmail.com
that's more like it

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Random link script provided by
JavaScript Kit